Patient transport services (PTS) provides free transport to and from hospital or NHS provider for:
- patients with a medical need for transport;
- escorts for patients who have a medical need for an escort.
You can ring the surgery if you wish to book patient transport to hospital between 1.00pm - 5.00pm.
- Durham Travel Response Centre (TRC) is to take on the role of making
bookings for patients requiring non-emergency transport across North
- To make a transport booking, patients, their family members or carers will
need to dial 03000 269 999, where they will be taken through the national
eligibility criteria by a TRC call handler to ensure there is a medical need for
- Once eligibility is confirmed, TRC will then complete the booking via the North
East Ambulance Service's on-line booking portal.
This service will be available for use between the hours of 9.00 a.m. to
5.00 p.m., Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
Please only ask for transport if you have a medical need for transport or a medical need for an escort.
Your local patient transport service is only for those with a medical need.